Friday 27 January 2012

Today's Events in a Nutshell

Hi Everyone,

Today has been another one for the boring books. I started packing (finally!!) but didn't get much done. It's really hard to find things to pack when you still need stuff for more than a week!

I applied for some more jobs and may have a potential interview happening the first week I'm back in London (great news or what?!). It's not really something I want to do (it's sales, which I hate), but my theory here is that a job is better than no job - it pays the bills after all! Other than that I've been applying for all kinds of things related to what I'd like to do.

I watched the film "The Help" today (for those of you who don't know, I reviewed the book here). I have to say, the film is good, but it leaves out a lot of parts from the book. I felt like the film happened to quickly and things weren't described too well. I therefore urge anybody who hasn't read the book, to do so - it is so much better than the film!

Got to talk to the boyfriend again today, he's back from his holiday tomorrow, meaning I finally get to talk to him on Skype again. Not long till I get to actually see him properly either!!

Otherwise, not much has happened today.

I did want to ask, however, does anybody have any tips on job applications/CVs/Cover Letters? I would really appreciate any helpful hints/suggestions you have!

It's just a short one again today.

As Always,

Stay Tuned!

- A

2 comments:

  1. I'll keep that in mind about the book, 'The Help'. Books are always better than the film. The only exception for me is Lord of the Rings. The book and film are both amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree, books are normally better, but I think the Harry Potter books & films were awesome (yes, I am a HP nut!) but yeah, definitely not the case with "The Help".

      Delete