Sunday 22 January 2012

2 weeks - when will the Procrastination stop?!

Hi Everyone,

so I've only got 2 weeks left at home and (yes, you've guessed it) the preparations have come to a stop... as a matter of fact, they never really even began - oh blessed procrastination!

Instead of sticking to "the plan" of getting ready and completing all the important stuff, I've been blogging, promoting my blog and watching friends... preparation fail!

Now I'm just panicking even more as my plan says to start applying for jobs... TODAY!! Which, granted, I actually started yesterday, so that's good. But I've been applying with the old CV, meaning the whole "write a new CV and cover letter" hasn't really happened.

Don't get me wrong - I've got a good CV, I know this due to the amount of employers that keep telling me it is, but I did want to mix it up and change it around a bit to try and reel in even more interviews than before.

I really need to start getting ready, after all I only have 2 weeks (14 days!!) left until my life starts over again.

In other news, something rather freaky happened today: an explosion near my house!!

I was in the basement, talking to my mother, when all of a sudden the lights flickered and two seconds later we heard a REALLY loud crash. My mother thought it was thunder at first, but there was not a grey cloud in the sky and it sounded different to a thundery sound. Then my mother thought a small plane might have crashed in the forest which is about 2-3 miles away from my house.
We ran around the house looking out of every possible window to find any sort of clue as to what might have happened when, suddenly, we saw a huge cloud of smoke emerging into the sky about a mile away from my house. The smoke was coming from an electric field which is there, meaning something must have exploded there. Not two minutes later about 10(ish) fire engines rushed towards the electric field.
I still don't know exactly what happened but it was quite scary as these things don't (really) ever happen.

Anyway, that's all from me today. Need to stop procrastinating and continue the job applications!

As Always, Stay Tuned!

- A

2 comments:

  1. Wow, good thing you're okay - that must've been scary being so close. Good luck on those job applications!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, was kinda scary, but after finding out what it actually was, not so scary lol.

      Thanks, I need all the luck I can get! :)

      Delete