Sunday 8 January 2012

Oh Dear - Part 1

Hi Everyone,

So it looks as though I am not a dedicated blogger due to my first (and most recent) post being on the 13th of November 2011. I do apologize but as you know, sometimes life just takes over and keeps you busy.

Here's what's been happening in a nutshell:

- My boyfriend of over a year got scared and wanted to split up with me, after a long back and forth, however, we both came to the conclusion that he wasn't happy about being away from me so, after many long discussions I am happy to say, that he has asked me to move in with him, which leads me to my next point.

- I am moving back to London. I am so excited to see my friends again and to be back with my gorgeous boyfriend. I've missed everyone so much and it's been hard. I have had some frustrations with certain people, which again leads me to another point.

- I have had some personal family problems which I shall not air right this minute, the time will come when I share more with you, but for now you'll have to stay tuned. These problems have affected my life in many ways for many years, and have now, during my home visit, resurfaced. A particular friend of mine shares a similar story, however not from the same side as me, but from the side of the "wrong-doer". I try not to judge as it is her life, but I've been having troubles keeping in touch and even confiding in her about what has been happening, as I don't think she'll understand. She thinks she is in the right in her situation, and I do not see it as being so. More on that later, however.

- Other than the one big family problem looming over our heads currently is the fact that this same problem is occurring in another part of my family and at a very similar time. It is odd how these things apparently occur frequently and always in a similar manner. In turn, everything has come and collapsed, and the brunt of it is being carried by my beloved mother, who is suffering dearly and I can see it in her eyes that she has lost the happiness she once had. She herself has even said when she looks in the mirror, a sad person is staring back at her. Even though I was upset about having to move home for a while, I'm glad I had to right now, because I don't think my mother would have survived all of this pain without someone to carry a bit of weight with her. I hope one day she will realise how amazing she is. She is a role model to many, and so much stronger than a lot of people that I know. Again, however, I will divulge further details later, when my community of readers has increased.

- On a completely different note, I've had one job interview since I got back, obviously due to the fact that I am planning on leaving again in less than a month (ahh can't wait!!). It was a tough one... it was more of an assessment centre than an interview, and it was for a Media job (go figure!) only girls attended and it was a 7 hour day! My native language has gotten rusty whilst I was living abroad for 4 years, so I definitely struggled. When it got to the one-on-one interviews, I felt the interviewer was being quite condescending - definitely a bad cop interviewer. I tried to stay positive and show my dedication to the Media industry, but after a long hard day of struggling against people who were a lot older and schooled in the native language (I'd gone to an international school), it was safe to say that I would not get a job there. I thought I'd held myself pretty well for my first ever interview in my home country, and I did the best I could. Now, London cannot come soon enough as I already know the ins and outs of interviewing there and it comes easier to me - here's hoping I'll get a job, and soon!

- So I've also started to do Zumba and a whole surrounding fitness regime (including Pilates and weight lifting) to lose some weight! So far I've lost just over 6 Kgs (in 2 months) - not bad huh? I'd planned on being down to my god-weight by Feb but well, it doesn't happen that fast - dropped the first 5 Kgs within a month, then Christmas came and well, the eating commenced. It's alright though, I've been doing my workouts every day, and so at least managed not to gain any weight over Christmas (there's always a first!). As a matter of fact I actually managed to lose 1 Kg over the Xmas period, so if you're looking to lose weight, I will post another blog entry just after I finish this one and you can have a look and see if it suits you and go for it.

  • Please Note: Weight loss does not happen over night, you really need to work on it. Just because you've lost 5 Kgs in a month does not mean you're gonna keep losing weight that way! It's mostly water weight! You need to keep at it, there is no quick fix to losing weight. I've tried so many things and it's true, weight loss comes with a lot of effort, dedication, and persistence. Dedicate an hour to 1.5 hrs. a day to exercise, and adjust according to how much weight you want to lose. Once you've lost the weight, you will need to keep exercising at least 3x a week to maintain your weight. It is a lifestyle choice, and you will feel so much better. There was a time when I was so lazy and never wanted to exercise, now I get giddy when I haven't done my exercise because I enjoy it so much!


For now I've rambled on quite a bit about what's been going on, there's more to come but since I've just rambled about my exercise routine, I need to actually get off my bum and go do it. I'll post some more life updates later along with my fitness routine.

Stay Tuned!

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment