Monday 23 January 2012

Reflections of the Past and Future.

Hi Everyone,

today has been another one of those un-eventful days. I must say, however, I managed to finally get over my procrastination and made a list of what I'm going to take to London in my two suitcases. I also applied to 6 jobs and managed to put my CV up on 3 different jobsites. I believe that's not a bad start!

Other than that I've had the privilege to be able to email my boyfriend the last couple of days, which is making this week go by a lot faster than it would if I wouldn't hear from him at all. I can't believe that in less than 2 weeks I will be back in London, it's been less than 3 months since I left, but it feels like it's been longer, so much has happened. I'm still apprehensive about moving in with my boyfriend, even though I know it's all about open communication and having respect for one another, but it is a big step for me.

On a random note, something that occurred to me today, whilst thinking about all of my lovely friends in London, is the fact that friendships seem to fall apart (or in my case grow apart) so fast when you don't see someone or speak to someone regularly like you used to. I miss my friends over there, but sometimes I feel like I'm the only one making the effort, but it takes two to keep a friendship alive.
I experienced the same problem when I moved away from my uni town and moved to London the first time. I kept in contact with people at uni and my old work place. I kept promising that I would visit them, but none of them were ever free when I was, and eventually it got to the point where the friendship just didn't function any more and everyone drifted apart. I still speak to them on special occasions, but when I moved out of the country, back to my home country, I didn't tell any of them because the closeness we all shared as a group has disappeared. I haven't seen any of them in nearly 2 years and I have to say I do miss them. They were the type of friends that you could share anything with and know that "gossip" would never travel any further.

Have any of you experienced the fact that life moves on and friends grow apart because of factors like busy schedules, location differences etc?

Also, on the other hand, are any of you still friends with people you met a long time ago?

I do have a couple of friends from school that I met 11 years ago, and am still friends with today. I admit I don't talk to them every day, but I know I can count on them (just as much as they can count on me) if something happens, or if we just want to chat about random stuff. They're the type of friends you see after a few years and there's no awkwardness there.

Anyway, it's a bit of a ramble today as I've had a reflective one today.

But As Always, Stay Tuned!

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment