Monday 9 January 2012

The Girls of Riyadh - Book Review

Hi Everybody,

I finished reading "The Girls of Riyadh" by Rajaa Alsanea last night!

Click the picture to get a copy from Amazon UK

This book is about four young women living in Saudi Arabia, who deal with the struggles of a very religious society full of rules and complications. The book is like a Saudi Sex and the City story, written in email format by a woman who tells the Western world how difficult it can be to live under such religious constraints. I very much admire the author, and it has given me a great insight into the Saudi Arabian world, much more so than any religion or history lesson I've ever been taught. 
This book shares thoughts, feelings, emotions and details of peoples lives, which each and every one of us feels. It makes me feel lucky that I have not had such a sheltered and planned out life. But it also makes me realise that true love, in it's many forms and ways, exists everywhere and, even if it does not last very long, we are all lucky to have found it at some point in our lives. 

I fully recommend reading this book to all of you, it has been really well written, and I can now safely say that it has been added to my list of favourite books.

Rating:
5 STARS


Stay Tuned - more to come!

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment