Thursday 26 January 2012

Crazy, Stupid, Love. - Film Review

Hi Everyone,

So I've decided to review another film for you today: Crazy, Stupid, Love. (Click for IMDB)

Summary:
This film is a classic chick-flick love story which is all about cliches such as "the world is such a small place".
What happens is that a middle-aged woman cheats on her middle-aged husband with her colleague at work, and wants a divorce due to the fact that the marriage has ended up in a rut. After receiving this blow to the head, the husband sits in a bar and complains and discusses the same story over and over again until a young man decides to take him under his wing and turn him into a "womanizer". This young man then ends up finding the love of his life, thus completely reversing roles between him and the middle-aged man. The middle-aged man's son is in love with his babysitter, who in turn is in love with his father. Without giving away the ending, I have to tell you that this is where it becomes complicated between all characters involved in the film.

Notes and Opinions:
I realise the summary may come off as a bit confusing, but this film really has to be watched in order to understand what's going on as there are 4-5 stories going on at the same time and different characters link to each other in different ways.
I recommend this movie to any girl who wants to spend a night in with the girls, drinking cocktails and putting on face masks! It is the perfect sleep-over, chick-flick film for such an occasion!

I rate this film:

5 STARS

I'm giving the film this rating, as it is a good chick-flick film, however it is still a stereotypical one. This means that it's not that much different from other chick-flick films and, whilst it is funny to watch, it does not need a large amount of concentration and is just a typical girlie film for everyone out there looking for love, as it gives you hope. 

As Always, Stay Tuned!

- A

2 comments:

  1. This was a good example of how to do a romcom without making it seem like it’s been overdone. It was funny to me how Ryan Gosling was teaching Steve Carrell the ways to get around. I have to say the kid who was in love with his babysitter got on my nerves a bit, but I can overlook that. I used my Blockbuster Movie Pass to rent this because I was told to watch it. One of the best advantages to having it is being able to rent pretty much any movie I want like Crazy, Stupid, Love. Plus, I can stream many movies right to my TV or computer. Since I’ve been using the Pass from DISH where I work, I have seen so many good movies like Crazy, Stupid, Love. I like how convenient it is being able to choose from so many movies. If a good movie is what you’re after, watch Crazy, Stupid, Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, lucky you, get to borrow loads of films, wish I had that advantage!! :)

      Delete