Tuesday 10 January 2012

Friends and Intuition

Hi Everybody,

I'm just about to go to bed but thought I'd leave you with a philosophical entry about friends tonight.

Have you ever found that the phrase "friends come and go" really rings true? It certainly has done for me, so far in my life, but not in the way I expected it to. I took the phrase to mean that you just simply stop staying in touch with people as a chapter of your life comes to a close and a new one begins. It definitely has been the case for me with some people. Especially once I finished school, and again when I finished uni. People started travelling and, although I'm still connected to them all on Facebook, they are barely ever online and I just don't really seem to find the time to go online myself. It got so far that I just forgot to reply to people and with that, slowly, communication ceased and eventually we were just left as acquaintances on Facebook, rather than friends.
In other cases, however, friends have "gone" in completely different ways. I've stopped communication with at least four people (probably more but as it's late my brain is not in complete think mode right now). Reasons for these communication breaks are partly due to an initial lapse in judgement on my part. I myself have a VERY good intuition when it comes to first impressions. I will know from the second I meet someone whether they will turn out to be a good friend or someone who will stab me in the back in some way or another. However, as opposed to many people, I NEVER let myself judge on these first impressions because I am not one to judge a book by its cover. I have, however, never been wrong (in hindsight) about my intuitive feelings concerning others.
As I said, I've ceased communication with at least four people, and I will divulge the details of these particular stories at a later point in time, once my brain is more functional, as these stories are rather long-winded.
The point of this post was just to be a bit thought provoking in terms of whether any of you have this "intuitive feeling" about people, and how you act and react upon it, do you judge and turn away from these people, or are you like me in the sense that you wait for the person to really unfold themselves?

Let me know!

Stay Tuned,

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment