Monday, 6 February 2012

The New Life Begins

Hi Everyone,

So I haven't been active since Friday - my apologies! But I can now safely say, that I am once more a Londoner! It feels good to be back, I must say.

I was quite surprised about the fact that my flight took off on time, landed on time, and there were no troubles whatsoever! As we landed, we flew through a load of clouds, which I found rather freaky as I couldn't see anything around me, it was quite scary. But other than that, it was all good!

I got back yesterday evening, and my boyfriend waited for me at the airport, with a lovely bunch of flowers. I've never gotten flowers from him before, so I felt extra special :)
The train ride home was a typical London journey, surprisingly again, with no disruptions (I say surprisingly as it had snowed and it's unusual for London to not have any problems with public transport in those kinds of weather conditions). Walking back to the flat was an adventure because (me being clever as always) I was wearing high heeled boots. I thought I was being clever because I was wearing them, rather than adding the extra weight to my suitcase. If only I'd taken a second pair of warm shoes to change into on the plane because walking home in the snow, I was slipping and sliding!

I then decided to put dinner off until 8 - which the boyfriend was fine with - because I was waiting for a call from a recruitment agent. My boyfriend kept telling me not to bother waiting, as they'd never bother calling on a Sunday. I didn't listen but was disappointed when he was right. I got an email 2 hours later apologising that he wasn't going to call until 9am in the morning.

Going out to dinner at 7.30ish, I yet again put on the heeled boots (because I have no other warm shoes) and was sliding around again. We walked to a pub just down the road (down hill!!!) as they serve a really good Sunday Roast dinner. I was all excited because I hadn't had a roast in a while and was really looking forward to one. When we got to the pub, however, the bar staff told us that due to the lack of customers that day, no roasts were being served. We sat down with a menu and just decided to have a burger (for me) and a steak (for my boyfriend) instead. I was happy, and probably was the most stuffed I've been in a while!

I got back, setting my alarm for 8.45 this morning, so I'd be up in time for the call I was expecting from that recruitment agent. I overslept, due to the fact that I had forgotten to turn my (very old!!) phone on loud and so the alarm didn't ring, and I didn't hear the call! I only overslept my 45 minutes, which is all good, got the call out of the way and waited for the next one at 11am, which was an actual phone interview. 11am came and went (I'd put my exercise on hold till after, gotten a coffee etc.). 11.30 came and went... at 11.45 I still hadn't received a call, I'd gotten very annoyed and decided to do my exercise, send an email to the recruitment agent and ask what was going on. 1 hour later, he replies saying "she sends her apologies but she was unexpectedly out of the office this morning, can we reschedule for tomorrow?". I didn't reply until at least 4 hours later as I was very annoyed. I didn't care that the woman was unexpectedly out of the office, but she should have the decency to let me know if she wasn't going to make it BEFORE our appointment, not 2 hours later! I rescheduled for tomorrow, but for the fact that I don't even really want this job, it's safe to say that I'm utterly annoyed and can't see the point any more.

Other than that, I've been applying for more jobs today, so fingers crossed. I had another recruitment agent call me at exactly 11am this morning, told her to please call me back at 11.45, which she never did, and am now even more annoyed because I have no credit or phone number to call her back, meaning I may have missed another opportunity because of this incompetent woman from this morning.
To top everything off, I've been holed up all day in a very cold flat today (as I have no idea how to work the radiator) and am feeling a sore throat coming on.

Hoping for a better day tomorrow!

As Always, Stay Tuned!

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment