Saturday 11 February 2012

Jobs and Flats!

Hi Everyone,

So it's been a while (yet again!!), and I've got a fair bit to chat about!

Firstly, I had a group interview on Friday for a 3 month internship, which then leads onto a full time, permanent position once the internship has been completed. The interview took place in the company's office outside of London, in the town where my boyfriend works. There were five of us altogether, and the interview lasted about 2.5 hours.
First we were asked to talk about any topic we wanted to for one minute, just off the top of our heads, in front of everybody. I talked about moving abroad, and how the experience has changed me and has proven to be the best decision I've made in my life. After this, we were asked to write a synopsis on one of the company's clients websites, which was fairly easy too, as we were asked about a Digital agency (which is what I've been applying to for quite some time, job wise).
After the synopsis exercise, we were asked to attend 3 different one-on-one interviews (lasting 5-10 minutes each), in order for the interviewers to ask us competency based questions. After these interviews had been completed, we attended another quick question and answer session for us interviewees to find out more about the company and job itself. Once completed, we were free to leave.
I believe I left at about 12.25. At 12.40 I received a call from one of the company directors, offering me the job. I was very pleased at first, however after reading over the job spec one more time to ensure I was completely happy with it, I discovered some elements which I wasn't keen on at all - telesales!! I hate telesales and field sales! I am not one to shy away from making a simple telephone call, or strike up a conversation, however I don't like it when it involves sales!
I ended up letting the director know that the position was not quite what I had in mind, however he asked me to discuss it all further on Monday, so I will let you all know what happens then.

In other news, my boyfriend and I have been viewing flats for the past few days and I have to say, every single one we've viewed has been really nice. We took a while to make a decision, but we did end up deciding on the flat we had initially picked out, as it is closest to my boyfriend's work, and once I have a job, I'll make do with what I have and sort out my travel time/expenses then.

Other than that, I've had a few more people contact me about jobs (all sales or outside of London!!), but I'm hoping something will come up soon. Staying positive is the key to being happy!

Now I do realise this isn't a particularly long post, however I'm rather tipsy at this point in time, and I can't remember every piece of information I wanted to relay.

I promise to keep you all posted on further adventures in London.

As Always, Stay Tuned!

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment